Thursday, January 26, 2006

MamaSaysOm {Unseen}

I apologize in advance for trying to write poetry. I had no idea it would come out this way. I’ve been agonizing over the MamaSaysOm topic this week of unseen. After a day of ruminating, this is my expression.

Unseen are the highs and the lows
The suffering and the doubt
The daily struggle to pull off this thing called parenting
The fear at the pit of my stomach
The inability to communicate, the tantrums, the frustrations
Watching helplessly, wanting to scream myself
Unseen is the life blood flowing through this family
Unwilling to give up
This is the way things are now
Unseen is the hardest work I’ve ever done
Giving more of myself than I ever knew I had
Receiving in ways that were never expected
Unseen is the rawness of it all
Unseen is the woman I am becoming
Stronger than I could have ever known
More loving, more patient, more real
Unseen is the future
What will become of all this?
That remains to be seen.

I'm going to vow to make the unseen in my life a little more...well...seen. I've been reading all this on scrapbooking REAL life. Well, I'm going to walk the walk now and do an album that portrays our actual life...and not just the smiling happy pictures. Should be interesting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this part:

"Unseen is the rawness of it all
Unseen is the woman I am becoming
Stronger than I could have ever known
More loving, more patient, more real"

My boys are 5 and 10 and I am JUST NOW learning this myself. We mothers fight so hard to hold onto that thread of who we were before we got into this crazy parenting business. Sometimes we don't realize how luck we are for the experience, and what BETTER people we've become as a result.

I'm sorry you agonized over the topic, but I really do like the result very much. :)

gkgirl said...

you should never
apologize
for writing poetry...

you should be patting
yourself on the back.

:)

Shankari said...

Loved it! :)