Friday, December 22, 2006

{Day 20 and 21} Feeling the love

Catching up on my Christmas journal here. {Day 20} was about unexpected mail or gifts. I was deeply touched by the amazing gifts that we received from Lowell's therapists. These are the same folks that receiving the cones that I made:) I just can't say enough about them. His music therapist gave us a wonderful "greatest hits" CD of the music that she uses with the kids. Lowell loves it and clearly knows all the songs! The lead teachers gave us a book, "Changed by a Child" by Barbara Gill and an amazing photo scrapbook of pictures of Lowell during the year at Autism Day Treatment. Of course I sat in the car crying as I paged through it. The cards are from his speech and music therapist. I am so touched by their compassion and hard work on a daily basis. They never cease to amaze me with their love:){Day 21} was about where our house is right now as far as getting ready for the big day! My eyes were glued to the windows yesterday as it snowed all afternoon and turned our brown, bare Minnesota landscape to an amazing winter wonderland!! So this is the direction my page took on. I took a picture looking out our front window, you can see our tree on the left. The top picture was taken at 1 pm in the afternoon, when it just began snowing. Then in just a few short hours everything was glistening with white powder. Fabulous!!! This truly was just the final touch we needed for the holiday festivities!!Here are the layouts together. Obviously had a snow theme going:) Then, once the mailman trugged through the snow and delivered our mail, I was so excited to open up a package that came from my dear blogging friend Lilli. There were many layers of beauty here....
First, her wrap and tassel were a gift in themselves. Gorgeous!
Then was a lovely handmade card. Perfect!
Finally, an amazing handmade tote bag. Wow, this is stunning! Here are both sides and the inside is even gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for your beautiful gifts, Lilli!
I got this too cute for words gigantic star from Jenny and Aaron over at Everyday is a Holiday! They are the sweetest ever:)
Also received this wonderful handmade card from Norah's. Her art is just amazing!!

The holiday season has been filled with so much beauty and grace and kindness from others. My heart is full of joy!!

~*~Happy Holiday's to you and yours*~*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A white Christmas then! Looks great, hope you have a good time.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Yaay! So cool to see the gifts in YOUR home. You mail something off and then *Poof!* it's in someone else's living room on the other side of the world! (almost)

My post today is of the store that I bought your tassel from. It's a sumptuous feast for the eyes, like shopping in someone's European castle.

http://makemineblissful.blogspot.com/2006/12/blog-post_22.html

I'm glad your holidays have started off with a bang :)

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Oops! Link got cut off. I should have checked to make sure there was room. The whole link address is...

http://makemineblissful.blogspot.com/2006
/12/blog-post_22.html

Anonymous said...

What wonderful gifts you've received!! And I love your snowy page!! I miss snow!!!!!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I come each day to enjoy your journal. It is so amazing to see what you are doing with it. And I love that you shared my card. I'm feeling real special this year to have such unique friends that I haven't even met face to face. Merry Merry Christmas
Sharon

Anonymous said...

The snow looks fabulous! Envy you! What awesome gifts.yu have talented and generous friends.

Anonymous said...

I love your winter layouts! I need to get scrapin' I haven't scrapped in a while. To busy making Christmas presents! Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts you lucky girl! I'm wishing we had a little of your snow buy it looks like no white Christmas for us this year.

Anonymous said...

OMG! These gifts are SO lovely! I am so honored to have received a "Lilli" bag as well and absolutely MUST blog about it too!!! I also got one of those incredible works of art from Sharon!!! Amazing that I am "friends" with SUCH incredible talent (yourself included!!!)