Friday, December 01, 2006

On the first day...



I decided at the last minute to participate in Shimelle's Journal your Christmas online class as a gift from me, to...well...ME! I have heard such wonderful things about the class from last year and heard from some of my favorite bloggers that are participating this year. I had this blank journal (above) that I posted before and intended on it being an art journal. It sat the last month as just a pretty cover, remaining empty. So I changed out the picture, and it was the perfect nudge that I needed to take this class and use it as my holiday journal.

Some of you may find it strange that I would do a Christmas journal, being Buddhist and all. However, I do celebrate the holiday's and have many treasured memories of holiday's past. I love that about this time of year, whatever religion you practice (or none at all) it is a time of wonder and grace, peace and harmony.

Today, December 1st is {day 1}. We are to state our intentions. Here is my first page. It's a tweaked version of Shimelle's Manifesto here. I added the pearl costume jewelry as a reminder of the glitz and glamour of Christmastime:)

I also wanted to share these fabulous felt ornaments I bought from Charlotte's etsy shop. Love them! She just finished designing a line for Seasons of Cannon Falls. It's a *fabulous* local Minnesota gift and decor company. Can't wait to see her creations:)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the stockings! very cute!

Anonymous said...

I love your cover and your front page. They were both beauteful!

Anonymous said...

So glad you came and joined in the class! I unfortunately am already behind, but I knew I would be *grin* My aunt came by today before returning to AZ to make a gingerbread house with my son, so I will have to work on the cover and first page later...have it all planned out, just need to execute it. Look forward to seeing more of yours.

Anonymous said...

Love the stocking pic on your cover! And those ornaments are too cute too!

Kim said...

great job on your journal. cute ornaments to!

Laura said...

If you have time....I have a question...what does it mean taking an on line class? I went to the site and it looked like all the ideas were already on the blog. Is there something more to it than that?

Also, I find it very interesting that you are Buddhist. Is there somewhere on your blog where you write about that?

Lastly, I mentioned your blog as one of my faves on my blog...Hope that is okay??!!!

Sincerely,
Laura Duet
duetabode@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Your blog is one of my favorites to check in on. So glad you decided to join us for this class.

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I love your album!

Anonymous said...

love that PURPLE! How grand!

Anonymous said...

Love those ornaments! And your journal!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you to give yourself a gift! I'm taking the class also and am excited you are too since I read your blog often! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天