Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Call for photos!

Photo by Joyce Ravid

I've been paging through some of my old photography books, some of my favorite online photo inspirations (from the uber creative Sarah Bowen), reading this new challenge on Misty's blog, and enjoying this genius idea. So now I would like to make a call for photos (actually 1 photo) from YOU! To prepare for my prompt for the Cabinet of Curiosities challenge that I will be posting on Sunday, I would love for anyone that visits this blog (who is interested) to email me one photo from their life. It could be absolutely anything.. their studio, their house, outside, wherever! Please send one photo to my hotmail email at artsy_mama@hotmail.com and also tell me where you live. I will be using it for my Sunday prompt, so make sure it is something that you would be ok with me using in a piece of art and publishing on my blog. I am always amazed at how blogs bring people together from all over the world. I would love to get a glimpse into each and everyone one of your lives. Thanks so much!!! edit- if you have a flickr account and just want me to pick one of your photos, let me know in the comments section and please give me a link to your flickr page. Thanks.

In other exciting news, I will be starting a new art journal centered around photos in this lovely new book I got at Anthropologie. The mushroom fabric pocket is also from there, it came on an adorable kids apron, but I just had to use it here. Hope to get started on it and share pictures from inside soon!
Also saw the movie Pan's Labyrinth this past weekend. Wow...quite the show! Go see it. Very intense. Totally gets your creativity flowing.

9 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

1 photo is on the way, from me!
hugs

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how fabulous this all sounds!! Really really cool! I'd love to send you a pic! Wow...This will be so fun to see!!

We have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth!! Hopefully this coming weekend!!! Cannot wait!!

A photo is on the way!! And Aaron thanks you so much for the Birthday wishes!! : )
xoxo Jenny

Anonymous said...

great photo!!!


...I would love to send you a photo, too...I will do that now. Thank you!

Juliann in WA said...

beautiful book and fun idea about the photos
I will send you one later today
Juliann

Michelle Legler said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm a big fan of your blog creativity! I may have to join in the fun!

Latharia said...

Just sent ya a pic. :)

And I do hope to see Pan's Labyrinth soon!

Gypsy Purple said...

Will do in the course of the day...had a nice visit here..glad I found your blog

Chamara

Sarah Louise said...

oh, I have a great picture.

fran b said...

i'll see if i can find a photo too.great idea!