Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Everyday is a holiday...

Everyday really IS a holiday around here lately. Or so you'd think, by the mail I've been getting! The spring goodies keep streaming in. This tag, nest and egg combo by Carol really put a smile on my face. LOVE the materials and the colors she used. Fabulous!


This little mini landscape creation by Debbie looks like its belonged in its mossy home (see yesterdays post) from day one. She made the eggs and mushrooms out of polymer clay. They look so real. Amazing work!
This tiny little spring book with wonderful quotes and stamps arrived all the way from Jennie in the Isle of Man. Absolutely beautiful!!!


When I stopped in at ArtsyTartsy (a local scrapbook store) the other day, I was talking with Bonnie. She was commenting on the amazing art I had been recieving for the swap. She said it must be so fun to display it all over my house and that she would love to see it. I told her it would be really fun to have some sort of a spring tea party at my home. She thought that sounded great! It's been in the back of my mind ever since. Then when I recieved a copy of the new Adorn magazine, there it was... an entire article spewing with lovely, colorful, cheery tea party charm!


Then today I got a copy of marie clair idees magazine from my French pal Violette. Some inspiring ideas here as well. I cannot wait for the latest issue of Home Companion to hit the newsstands. There's a whole feature on the amazing scrapbook store sweetpeas and snapshots. Take a sneak peek at some of the wonderful eye candy here. Swoon!


Stay tuned for more news about a tea party at ArtsyMama's house!! Since I know most of you do not live in Minnesota, maybe we'll have to do a virtual tea party as well:)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari, it is such an honor to be part of this swap with all of you amazing artists! I'm jumping up and down with glee that the package arrived and that you like it! I can't wait to find out more about the tea party, I'm always ready for a cuppa!

Bonita Rose said...

wonderful Kari... great.. I am so glad ur doing this.. I can't wait to come and see all your art.. my goodness.. u better keep me posted gf.. I can't wait to see it all... and I just know ur gonna be the best hostess! HUGS.. glad u decided to do it... love bonnierose

eb said...

looks like fun at your house - I LOVE to get mail - but rarely such goodies as you have here - that tea party sounds like fun - keep me posted!

xox - eb.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Hey, it's a Spring conspiracy! My eyes are quivering from all the eye candy :)

Anonymous said...

wow, everything is just beautiful! Every time I visit I am so inspired, must go make a cup of tea and start making something crafty too!

longnecklady said...

Everything looks incredible. Don't worry, yours is coming soon.

I hope to get yours soon as well!

hugs:)

Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Love those pictures! Virtual tea parties truly sound like a ton of fun! :)
I can't wait for you to get my swap...I won't post any pictures to keep it a surprise! :)

Fiona said...

Sounds like a superb idea. Let's do something virtual too.I've still to put the finishing touches to your giftie...

beth said...

Ohhh....Kari, the tea party sounds like so much fun....and with me being just a bit south of you in Wisconsin, I know I could make it to your house without any problem....and I bet Sue (longnecklady) would come with me !!!
We girls in the midwest need something to jumpstart the spring and a tea party sounds perfect !!!

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely, lovely pics and pieces!!!!!!

tricia stirling said...

can't wait fot the virtual party!
what pretty gifts you've been receiving.

Lizzy said...

Seriously fun mail, huh? I love taking a peek at all the little treasures you've gotten so far. And if you do have a tea party, that'll be such a pretty Spring Celebration! You'll have to post pics if you do it so the rest of us can drool! :)

Dawn said...

Thanks for posting all the yummy spring pics!!!
:o)

Guinevere said...

Sounds really like a fun T party. Please do hold a virtual Tea party too - I would love to join in again. Got my delightful pin today - so pretty Kari. Thank You

carlene federer said...

A plethora of eye-candy! Wish I could come to your spring tea party, I bet it's gorgeous!

MNScrapbookmom said...

I have loved all your swap gifts.. :) Maybe next time I will have to step up and participate. ¥

Birds of a Feather said...

beutiful spring goodies! love to sip tea w/you and the blogger gals, but i'm a bit far - guess i'll have to be there in heart - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love tea parties. What a great idea. I have a huge collection of my Grandmother's teacups. I hope I will be on your guest list!!! I know my friend Wendy would love to meet you Artsy Mama. What beautiful art you are receiving WOW! Tami Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Kari,
Just found your blog by luck thru others, what great gifts the postman has been bringing. I am also a MN girl with the spring bug, it is fun to see all the pictures you posted which make the Spring fever even worse!!

Dee

Anonymous said...

Kari.............Your birdy is on her way!!!! I love the shots of your studio! I thought it was a picture of a party buffet until I clicked to make the pic bigger:) WOW......I don't think my studio ever looked like that,,,,hee...hee

Anonymous said...

Kari..........I can't get a message posted with the new google! I don't know what is wrong, BUT....that last post from anonymous is actually from me! Linda Harre:):)

Anonymous said...

A tea party!! What could be more fun! And I love the pictures you included...all of the wonderful colors, the cake stand with goodies, the amazying gifts you received. What a lucky girl!
Allie from Minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I am just soooo loving the darling nest and tag from Carol!! Does she have a blog? Oh I would love to see if she will be making more. Sooo fabulous!!

I must get a hold of Adorn!! haven't found it yet!!

Loving all of the photos!! Keep em coming candy lady!! : )
xoxo Jenny

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

LOVE YOUE BLOG!I just got mine up,hope y'all will come visite'
http://jessielavon.blogspot.com/

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Kari, I am visiting your blog since you visited mine...what a lovely place you have here! And such amazing gifts coming your way....lucky girl! I love them all, and Carol's nest especially - it's much like the special little original NeSts I make each season. Amy sells them at www.inspirecompany.com.