Thursday, March 15, 2007

I was out estate saleing mid-week. Something I never do, but I think I'm still on a high from my $8 bag event last weekend. I also got my partner for Jenny's Vintage Kitchen Swap and it's none other than one of my very fave artists, Lauren Mumford! Woohoo:) We immediately began emailing each other back and forth giddy with excitement about what to keep our eye out for each other. I did find a few goodies for Lauren and of course came away with something for myself as well. I've been brainstorming how I'm going to keep everything straight at ArtFest. I am going to have quite a bit of art supplies with me, a bag with all my trades and a bag for the trades I will recieve. So I picked up this cute little "purse" with felt butterflies on it thinking that it could carry some supplies. I love it...and love that it only cost me $1!! I came home and had a package from none other than Pam Garrison with a vintage ledger book in it to use for my class with her at ArtFest called What Lies Inside. Ok, now I'm really getting excited!!

10 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ooooh! I'm so jealous! Can't wait to hear all about Artfest - I'm sure it will be great. AND you've been emailing the amazing Lauren Mumford?! AND you got mail from PAM GARRISON?! You are so lucky! ;)

http://ohsopretty.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, found something for you already too! Not vintage--but it fits your theme for your kitch.

So excited...giddy is right!

longnecklady said...

How awesome is that! I got your email. I'm glad you liked it! I haven't gotten what you sent yet, but looking forward to it. Gear up for artfest.

xoxo~
Sue

beth said...

Kari...can you tell us what the quote is on that tag from Pam ???

I can only see part of it, but I can tell that I love it !!!

She is my favorite and you are SO lucky to be taking a class with her...I can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it when you get back !!!!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Hi Kari! I thought I'd show up early for your tea party!

http://makemineblissful.blogspot.com/2007/03
/in-honour-of-karis-brilliant-idea-i_15.html

P.S. I posted this comment earlier, then noticed that my pix were way too small so I enlarged them, and this is the updated link :)

Tricia said...

ohhh kari! you are one lucky lucky woman! i love your new goodies and i am so happy for you that you get to go to artfest. happy for your readers too because i know you will share pics and tell us all about it. so i feel like a lucky one too -- lucky to have found your wonderful blog!
xoxo

Babsarella said...

How EXCITING!!! I hope that someday I can go to Artfest too! Love the gorgeous journal and the awesome tag you got from Pam! Can't wait to see all your creations!

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Hey we're going to "match" I got the same book from Pam yesterday.. man, I can't WAIT for that class!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn took the words right out of my mouth. Please fill us all in when you get back. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
Did you make a journal for this one, like Silverbella?
Oh man, have FUN!!!