Friday, August 03, 2007

My Grandmother had it, my mom threw it out.. and I just bought it! Jennifer posted the saying above, she saw it on a sign. For the love of vintage! Had a fabulous find at a garage sale today. All four of these wonderful hand embroidered bonsai pictures for $1. Yep...25 cents a piece. Who said a quarter couldn't buy you anything?!

Love how they depict each season. I just think they're absolutely adorable!

I've been really inspired by the groupings I saw over at Inside a Black Apple. I'd like to try more of these.

I'm tickled to be chosen as a Rockin' Girl Blogger by She Who Flies. Thanks so much!

I had a list of some rockin' bloggers and then saw that they already been tagged. There are so many blogs out there in our artsy blog community and truly I think they ALL rock. Everyone is genuinely putting themselves and their art out there and havin' a ball. That's what it's all about!

10 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Oh my gosh, 25 cents each?? What a FIND! Those are just adorable. :)

Have a good weekend!
Jennifer

eb said...

Hi ArtsyMama!
Congratulations on your inclusion in the Artful Blogger - my copy is riding home to me via Vermont Husband as we speak - can't wait!

and...

Thank you so much for the "Rockin" award!

... you don't mean rocking chair now do you? (tee hee)... as in older than the hills...

no - really it means so much coming from you - and I will pass it on again - love that - so many rockin' out there in Blogland!

xox - eb.

Miss*Laurence said...

These are really lovely! Lucky you to find such things for, hang on a minute? 50p????

Anonymous said...

well thank you of thinking of me as a Rockin Girl. Geesh!!! Looks like you are havin some fun these days. Hope to see ya soon. Thanks so much. You deserve it too!!! You are Rockin !!!!

Shel/Nate/Anipals said...

LOL! That saying is so true, I love it! Way cool buys for 1.00. That has to be some kind of garage sake miracle!

Unknown said...

So cute! I really love the colors - and such a great price. Congratulations on the blogger award!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Hey Ms.Rocker...those needlework pieces are darling. What a lot of work went into those, and they're getting their 2nd life with you :)

Anonymous said...

love 'em...and congrats on the kuddos!

Donna Layton said...

That saying is so true! How funny. I was nominated as a Rockin Blogger Girl, but I'm too retarded to know what to do about it!

jennalee said...

I went to some garage sales today too, and I got a really cool snoopy lunch pail and some old checkers. I love garages sales!

http://artrageousafternoon.blogspot.com/2007/08/new-stuff-to-me.html