Thursday, October 11, 2007

Heading east....

Photo from Elle magazine Nov. 2007
..on a gypsy caravan. Ok, not really, but that's what Amy Butler suggests in her new book. The gypsy caravan mindset of dropping everything and leaving. "To find inspiration, sometimes you have to go out and look for it. Clear your mind, take in new experiences...Experience the beauty of your surroundings, tune in to other people, and fully immerse yourself in the world to which you offer your art." That is what I plan to do. I'm off to Boston, then Cape Cod to sell my wares at the Creative Bazaar on Saturday. I'm very excited to meet and see the fabulous work of so many other artists. There will be almost 40 of us there! I'm so happy that a bunch of you also said that you were going to stop by and say hello. Finally get to meet Melba, we've been blogging buddies for years. Can't wait to see Heidi's stuff in person, either. pretty! pretty! Sunday my friend and I are heading up to Salem, Mass. to catch some Halloween happenings. I've always wanted to visit Salem in October. Spooky! I'll be hoppin' on the caravan...I mean jet plane, early tomorrow morning. Should be a fun weekend! See ya Monday:) P.S. Found this wire figure at the thrift store the other day and was absolutely entranced by it. Finding inspiration in more industrial elements lately.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. I'm sure you'll be fabulous. And I'm so tickled about your Salem Halloween sidetrip--I've always wanted to do that.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Kari, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! You're so organized, I'm sure things will go smoothly for you.

Best of Luck!
:)

Stacy said...

what a fun time you should have!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Have a great trip. Finishing off at Salem should be fun...
Alison

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the Creative Bazaar. I love the Cape and this is a beautiful time of year there.
sharon

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am a little jealous :) That trip sounds like a wonderful artful time. I completely agree with Amy Butler. I usually get my best inspirations when I am away from my cocoon. Happy Trails!

Teresa

Gina M Smith said...

Good luck with the sales! Just saw your stuff in Romantic Homes that you mentioned earlier. How exciting! You are famous! How did you get hooked up with the magazine? I must have missed that part.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

enjoy!

Kristi said...

Just found your blog by clicking around. Love creative people like you! I also love the artwork in the upper right hand corner in your banner. I have that print in a stairwell in my house. Good luck on your trip!!

Flea Market Queen said...

Love Amy Butler & I'm loving that wire figure!
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

she looks ripe for altering...
love.

Adla said...

Inspiration, inspiration, inspiration. While gaining it , you'll have lots of fun, how good does that get. Have fun Kari and tell us about your trip soon!

Ta..
Adla

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari! Hope you have an awesome trip and bring back lots of pictures and stories to share with us!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip. It's such a beautiful time of year to travel.

Sherri said...

Great line by Amy Butler....hope your gypsy trip is a blast and clears your head for even more fabulous art!

Sarah Louise said...

enjoy your travels.

I ADORE that picture from Elle.

Anonymous said...

hey kari! It was such fun hanging out with you and the other girls yesterday!
can't wait to hear about your salem trip!

Cheryl Connell said...

Kari,

Glad you had fun. If you get a chance take a look at what I made up for the sweet and sinister swap at my blog. I didn't load any on flickr. Everyone's stuff is so neat!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天