Monday, January 28, 2008

The traveling family....

We're livin' it up here. The weather has been near 40 the last few days and that practically feels like summer after days of below zero windchills. It will cool down again and it won't look like spring for a few more months, but we sure are enjoying it while it lasts!My kids are in love with the little wooden family I painted and shared on my last post. They love that it's our family and miniature versions of themselves. My son Lowell even gets into the imaginative play with them. I may have to branch out and make the extended family!Chloe and I took them on a walk today and found all kinds of nooks and cranny's for them to play in! It's kind of like the traveling gnome in Amelie.Looks like they may need some winter jackets...brrrr:)Saturday night I met up with my friend Ginger to scrapbook. I hadn't done "traditional" scrapbook pages for my family books in a year, so I was very behind. I had a lot of fun just slapping pictures down willy nilly.

Scrapbook paper is so gorgeous that you hardly have to do anything!
Do you ever get in one of those moods where you realize how fleeting life really is? I've been very introspective lately, working on my book. Then doing scrapbook pages this weekend with pictures from just one year ago. It seems like the days just fly by and things change so quickly. I know...change is inevitable, enjoy each moment....but sometimes that is very hard to swallow.

13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

How much fun for them to be able to get outside and play on the better days.
So much fun using their imaginations playing with the little wooden family.
Alison

Lilli in Vancouver said...

The most constant thing in the universe is CHANGE. If only we could learn to be OK with things moving on, if we could even Celebrate the way everything evolves....rather than judging things to be Good or Bad.

See? I'm feeling introspective too :) Steve's been reading Byron Katie's "Thousand Names for Joy" and sharing tidbits with me.

I love your little wooden family's travels. Have you considered giving them their own scrapbook?

Merci-Notes said...

Hi Kari!
I savored every single minute with my children and it still went by too quickly! the good news is that there are new times to be had and new photos to take for the scrap book!

LOVE your wee little family :) I agree a grandma and grandpa would be so nice! oh, and what about those aunts! :)

One last note, I loved the movie Amelie!!! So much that I won the dvd! And we are not ones to purchase movies!

Have a wonderful tomorrw!

Hugs,
mary

Anonymous said...

I love your little family and the pictures of them in the tree! how cute! love your pages, glad you got to spend time with your girl and scrap!

Anonymous said...

Without change I would have never found this new "little part of the world" of all you wonderful artist and crafters!

Laume said...

Your little family is adorable - I mean your wooden family, although your REAL family is adorable as well. I made a little knitted family for William when he was.... four or five-ish? And he adored them, played with them forever, or at least until the cats attacked them - there were casualties. Very sad. I was able to find one intact recently and put it on our Yule tree this last season.

Time is very fleeting - I have a hard time believing that my kids are all grown, or at least, all taller than me, and my grandkids are now sprouting up about me. All you can do is just love it all as it whooshes by.

Cheryl Ensom said...

Oh I love the sweet wooden family...and I love how delighted your kids were with something so sweet and simple! Don't you love that??? We go all out at Christmas and birthdays and then something so "primitive" as wooden peg dolls just tickles their imagination. I've been introspective lately, as well...I think on some level we mamas recognize our children moving to a new stage, even if it's a very tiny "micro-change" in their development, and I know it can cause some wistfulness on my part. But you do such a great job of relishing each day, Kari, so give yourself a pat on the back for that! I just so admire that about you! Hugs to you...Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Kari....I have to laugh because we had 40 degree weather over here in the nightime and it was considered the big artic blast....People froze!! That's San diego for you! :)....

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog today. I will definitely be back.

~Ainsley

Deann Johnson said...

love the little painted family ! how about some little scarves for them when it's chilly? : )

Miss*Laurence said...

Kerri,
Really loved the pocket family- it'd be great too to be able to take "dad with us" on a trip on a day when he is busy at work... ANd snow! Everybody is getting snow! I want some !( just had a quick check out of the window just in case)

Don't worry about time passing. Yes it is strange and quite sudden. Our "little one" was 10 3 weeks ago. I mean...10 !?! As I say to the boys sometimes " I'm sure I had babies once, where did I put them?"
And I'm thinking "We're "half-way". Another 10 and they are both gone... "

Anonymous said...

Times goes to fast, but what can we do to stop it? My little one will go to school next monday...

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天