Thursday, January 01, 2009

Colorful New Year...



I am thrilled to announce that 2009 will be....


I have started a new blog that goes live today and runs all the way through 2009. I have a host of fabulous artists sharing their creativity and inspiration throughout the year.


They include:




























The blog is appropriately called A Year of Color. After hosting the Sweet and Sinister blog I asked people to fill out a survey to find out what they thought about the blog and what seasons or holiday's they would enjoy a similar blog for in the future. I took all the surveys into account and combined all my ideas into one YEAR LONG blog. Each month of the year will concentrate on a color or palette. Our guest designers and myself will be sharing craft tutorials, seasonal decor, holiday and birthday party ideas, photography tips and sharing, journaling prompts, live chats, guest posts and swaps all corresponding with color! There will be several swaps throughout the year and to participate you must be a member of the blog.

Photo by Julie Collings

Julie Collings is kicking off the blog launch with a gorgeous blue and white palette for January. Don't delay, the fun is beginning now! The cost is $1 per month, in a lump sum of $12 for the entire year! You will gain access to the blog and all the exciting inspiration and projects we have to share.

It's for sale HERE in my etsy shop. After paying you will receive an email inviting you to join the blog. Please note-the email will be sent to your PayPal email unless otherwise specified.



For those of you that may be wondering, I will still be posting as fequently as always to this blog. ArtsyMama is not going anywhere! I just thought it would be really fun to have an additional space to interact and inspire one another with a common theme in mind.


2009 is going to be full of color!

41 comments:

Shopgirl said...

Color is like music, it is everywhere if we stop and look. I know you love bright colors and it has been so much fun watching your children grow right in the middle of the most beautiful shades of pinks and greens, blues and yellows..always fun to come and see what you have shared.
Happy New Year, Mary

Karin said...

Kari...sounds wonderful!! Looking forward to being a part of it all. I adore Julie Collings work....and the whole line up is just filled with talent. Color is need this upcoming year!

Mrs. L said...

Sounds exciting. Color is a great idea. I need some color in my life!

Casii said...

A year of color filled artful living for $12. I've already signed up!

Anonymous said...

I signed up!

The one problem I had with sweet and sinister was that I never knew when you posted a new entry.

Is there some trick to getting notified? I tried my google reader but it won't send private blog updates...nor can I post it on my google page. HELP!!!

thanks! Happy new year!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Good Luck with this new fun project. You have such great ideas :)

Happy New Year!

danasmith said...

Kari...I just signed up and couldn't figure out how to link my typepad blog(can you do it?). I'm so excited about this!
Dana in VA
www.TheThingsILove.typepad.com

snowbear said...

Sounds awesome.. can't wait to get started....

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

What a great idea! Happy New Year!

Jenn said...

How exciting! Can't wait!

Kel said...

Interesting, very interesting. I'm going to check it out.
Kel

Alettesiriane said...

so wonderfull to follow you from afar thankyou

jennalee said...

sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun, and wow, a whole year's worth.

Paz said...

Now this sounds great!! I just signed up over on Etsy, I look forward to this:)

Sweetina said...

i would love to join up!
i have to wait for next week...but what a super inspiration and the most amazing artists!

Chris said...

This is a really cool idea. If I weren't committed to other things for 2009 I would be here in a heartbeat. I bet it's going to be a real treat.

I look forward to another year of your blog! Happy New Year.

Robyn said...

WOW - what an incredible idea! Sounds like it is going to be a year long blog filled with wonderful creativity!
Hope you have a great day!

Maija said...

Brilliant idea! I am so in!

knack said...

hello, hello ....... I think this is a fabulous idea!! so excited !

Enchantments and Giggles said...

This blog will be so fun. I signed up for inspiration and a break from my schedule - work and school, I won't have much time to create anything, but this will allow me something to look forward to and keep my sanity! Tan

Linda Summerfield said...

I am looking forward to the inspiration in 2009.
Thanks,
Linda

jem said...

Mmmmmmm! I loves me some color but I always seem to gravitate to the same ones. Looking forward to new ideas and mixing it up in '09!

Thanks Kari and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Julia said...

Love it ! Also signed in :)

Kathryn Costa said...

What a great idea! I'm in. I loved what you did for the Sweet & Sinister Swap so this is sure to bring a year full of inspiration.

Thanks Kari!

KV Creative Designs said...

A year of Color sounds delightful! Wow! I can't wait to see what wonderful creations you come up with!

Happy New Year and Artful Blessings,
Kathryn
P.S. Stop by my blog and come celebrate my Blogiversary giveaway!!

m i c h e l l e said...

Of course I'm in!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm signing up today! I am not much for color, and normally stick to a pretty monochromatic palette. A Year of Color is going to be stretch for me but that sort of sounds fun/scary. I keep thinking "old bird.. new tricks"? Oh, that sounds lke a challenge!

Blessings ~ Eileen

2 Junkie Girls said...

oooohh Miz Kari this sounds like FUN!!!

Ulla said...

What a FABULOUS idea! I've got a post going on making money on ones blog and would love to hear your input! This is brilliant!
Kari, I've been so remiss in not emailing you since thanksgiving. Please don't take it personally! I adore what you do, and can't wait to get back together with you again!!!

Gina M Smith said...

Hi Kari-Happy new year! I'm a little slow but if you need another guest for a color theme, let me know!

Willnnabel said...

I am thrilled joining this endeavor! I cannot wait to see all the creativity that will be the result. Let's go....

Shari Replogle said...

What a wonderful and inspiring idea!
Can't wait to begin. Thank you.
~Shari

blue moss said...

found out thru knack....beautiful idea...i am super excited
michelle

Jo McIntosh said...

Hi, I would like to sign up for your "Year of Colour" but am not sure how. I am in Cornwall, England and am looking forward to a pink month!

mauri said...

great blog.
totally adorable ! :)

Renata Pacheco said...

I've only discovered this blog today, by Collage Diva. I'd like to get a membership, but at the store the message is "sold out". Couldn't I join the group anymore?

Renata Pacheco said...

Don't mind! I got it!

Renata Pacheco said...

I purchased the Year in Color on Etsy last Sunday, 19th, April, and I like how could I access the blog.
Thank you!

mandy said...

Thanks n_n

inchirieri apartamente cluj said...

I hope you will have a great time at this.. yeii !!!

webveral said...

I have written 2022 World best articles in English. All our articles are original and written by ourselves.
We write articles on fashion, business, technology, lifestyle, and motivation.

webveral