Thursday, July 23, 2009

Treasured days...

It's been a busy week here with my sister and her family still in town. We've enjoyed day after day of guests, wonderful family feasts and lots of fun play time together. Last weekend I made up a batch of homemade hot buttered pretzels. They were a big hit. Yum! My sister and I worked on some canvases for little Hans' room and gave the girls a canvas to work on together.
They had a blast and came up with this wonderful creation. As you can see, they were quite excited about it! We won't all be together again until Christmas, so we're enjoying every minute. Nothing beats treasured days like this!! To make things even more exciting, I'm awaiting the arrival of my wonderful art friend on Friday and then on Saturday attending an amazing firestarter session with my sister and Hope conducted by Danielle LaPorte the author of Style Statement.

8 comments:

suburbangypsy said...

I'm so jealous!! I wish she was coming to Pittsburgh (sigh)I hope you blog lots about it! hugs,

Maya

Anonymous said...

Ohh those look yummy! Cant wait to see what you and your friend get into! hugs

toodles
sarah

Hope | Paper Relics said...

so excited! I really should be doing a zillion other things rather than reading blogs, like packing, tying out loose ends with clients, get the recyling set to go out... I mean I do have to leave the house at 5am tomorrow... But nope. I am reading blogs :)

Sarah K. said...

Those pretzels look delicious!

The painting came out beautifully!

abbiegrace said...

I've made a note of the pretzel recipe. Looks delicious! We'll have to give them a try.

Sherry Williams said...

The pretzels look yummy! Can't wait to try the recipe!

Pretty Things said...

I'd really like a pretzel, please -- extra butter, extra salt.

online diploma said...

Those hot buttered pretzels looks so delicious. Thank you for giving the link on how to make it. I will try making it at home and prepare for my family. LOL!!! Thanks!!!!