Friday, September 11, 2009

five senses friday: early fall edition

I love playing along with Abby's five senses friday when I can. After making it through the first week of school, we're taking it easy here this afternoon. So these are all pretty much "around the house" pictures from this Friday in September, the 11th.Smelling: the molasses in the brown bread I just made. First time making brown bread, my gosh it is heavenly!!Tasting: a glass of wonderfully amber apple cider.
Seeing: loving my new handmade placemats and quite possibly the cutest outfit ever for Chloe that I found at the thrift store today. Hearing: the kids play as I page through this wonderful magazine that just came in the mail.
Touching: putting together some etsy shop orders and feeling good having my pen running across the pages of my journal again. Hoping to play with some of my new basic grey papers from the stunning Indian Summer line this weekend. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Suz said...

Love it, Kari.That outfit looks so so cute. I also love the new Basic Gray! I have some on order and can't wait. It's all beautiful...makes me appreciate Fall so much more.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

What a sweet little blog I've stumbled upon here... Your children are precious and I enjoyed all your state fair photos...Happy Fall, and stop over anytime...would love to have you visit, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Mandy said...

Love the photos. Now I'm feeling inspired to make some brown bread, I've never had it before!

Unknown said...

The bread looks scrumptious!!! I thought i really could smell it!!!
Lynn

snowbear said...

Kari Sounds like you were able to take it easy after the long week of back to school.. I have not made brown bread before... I made zucchini bread last week and i made chocolate chip brownies and peanut butter oatmeal cookies for my stampin up workshop i hosted on saturday. I am ready for some of that taking it easy now!!

abby try again said...

:)
Lovely post, I esp. like that photo of the dapper young gentleman. Don't vintage photos just make your heart swoon?