Monday, November 16, 2009

Five senses: bella style

I'm back from silver bella and having a hard time deciding how to post about this amazing weekend. I thought I'd throw a bunch of amazing eye candy at ya and share the event five senses style since I missed last weeks installment from abby. Getting back to "real life" here I realize how stimulating an event like silver bella truly is. My senses were piqued for days.



See: Of course an event like silver bella is a visual feast. So many amazing projects were made with the most stunning stashes of supplies. Vendor night was a smorgasboard of outstanding art and supplies. It's a whole lot to take in at once!

Touch: Jennifer Murphy's classes challenged my fingers and allowed me to work with some lovely materials. Loved all the textures!


Hear: It was so great to meet Kaari Meng. We were having so much fun with the fact that our names have the same pronunciation, which is one that you don't hear very often. Every time someone would say her name trying to get her attention, I would turn around. Also hearing Jo Packham speak was wonderful and moving. She really is so authentic!

Taste: Lots of yummy food was consumed, mostly late at night after the last class was over with this lovely lady, or in our room in the form of coconut rum with my roomie Michelle.

Smell: Bellas smell good! The sweet sweet smell of creativity was in the air all weekend long.

The event was wonderful, as you can see. Loved meeting so many bloggers for the first time, giggling and catching up with old friends and generally filling up the well in every way possible.


Hop around blogland for other posts about the event beginning to pop up...here, here, here and here is a good start!

17 comments:

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

It was so much fun meeting you. Hopefully we will get to hang out at another event sometime soon! It all goes by so fast! Your pics were great, thank you for sharing. I love to see them all, even though I was there. It so fun to see it through others eyes...
Hugs, Tricia
Vintage Bliss

Alison Gibbs said...

You girls are so lucky to have Silver Bella to go to. I say you should all bring Silver Bella to Australia!!LOL
Alison

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You summed it up very well! Wasn't it spectacular?

Karla

Suz said...

Kari,
I am so glad I go a chance to talk to you...especially some extended time at the airport! You also strike me as so authentic.

The whole Silver Bella experience was one big happy bubble! I don' recall having a better time in ages. I found my peeps!

Let's meet for coffee sometime...maybe after the holiday rush!

Suz

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Kari, I'm SO sad that I didn't get the chance to sit and talk with you personally at Silver Bella. It was a whirlwind of "on the go" creativity and beautiful talented women!!! Truly inspiring and I'm soooooo happy for you that ALL of your senses were "piqued"!!!!

Congratulations on being published in the current issue of Artful Blogging!!! I am honored to be included with you in this awesome magazine. You all have always been my inspiration and I am so humbled to be there along side of great artists such as you!!!

Thank you so much for the link Kari. I love your blog, I love your style and I oh so wish I could have spoken to you in person.

Looking forward to next year~
everything vintage

Vintage Flair said...

It was so great to finally meet you and I had so much fun with you at class....especially making the run to happy hour! Loved reading your post.
lori

Anonymous said...

Wow I love all the beautiful creations, especially the sweet little winter scene on newspaper. That is beyond adorable, hope you had fun!!

Catherine said...

It was a true delight to meet you in person! Thanks for taking the time to chat with me :)

Catherine...mama of Cristina, SweetPeaInk

The Chateau of Remnants said...

You Lucky Girl:) I wish I lived closer so I could go!! Thanks for the great sharing technique!

Renee

Unknown said...

Kari, thanks for the fun tour and all the new people to visit!
Lynn

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

Forgive me, I think I pronounced your name wrong when I met you! I hope to post my own photos soon.

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Kari,
It was so so wonderful seeing you again. I absolutely adore the kitsch little kitten you gave me. So incredibly sweet and thoughtful of you! THANK YOU! I have the perfect little spot for him in my studio. :) Hugs! XO,Jenn

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Looks like lots fun!

karlene said...

so I wanted to take a moment to tell you my story. probably about 2 weeks ago or so, I happened upon your blog and I saw a picture of your apron (I didn't read anything) and I copied and pasted it and sent it to my bestie who I meet at Bella and told her that was the apron I wanted!!! And then we were walking across the lobby and I saw you coming with your apron, I elbowed my friend and said "THAT IS THE APRON!!!!!" no way!! and you were in a hurry, so we didn't bother you, but then I never got the chance to meet you, so I wanted to just say. I LOVED your apron. the end. :-)

Andrea Singarella said...

it was so nice to FINALLY meet you! ANd thank you so much for the hat. I love it to pieces. You're so thoughtful!
Hope you're rested and refreshed....:)
hugs,
andrea

Hope | Paper Relics said...

miss you xo

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! You're so lucky to go. How neat to meet people and see all the amazing talent. Of course congratulations on being published. You deserve it, you have such a nice blog!