Friday, May 28, 2010

worlds apart....

I went on a long bike ride this morning and came across this sign about our location on the 45th parallel, half way between the Equator and North Pole. I always thought of Minnesota as being so far north! It also lists other geographical locations around the world that fall on the 45th parallel, such as Yellowstone National Park, Bracebridge in Ontario, Salem in Oregon, Bordeaux in France, Stavropol in Russia, Cres in Croatia, Wakkanai in Japan and others. So facinating! I love thinking about what those other places might look like, what would be different and maybe some things the same, even worlds apart. Here is a little glimpse of the 45th parallel where I live.This is really strange, I like to look back in my blog to see what I was doing on a certain day a year, two years, three years ago. This is one of the reasons I love having a blog. So I was looking back at 2009 archives and on June 2nd I had a post with almost the exact same name as today's post from when my husband came home from Japan. I love to see how subconsciously I think about similar things at the same time each year. Kind of a fun insight to have.Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

6 comments:

Amy A said...

That's a very interesting concept, I learned something new today :) I think of MN as pretty far north and Japan as pretty south! Thanks for enlightening :)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

This is such a lovely post with beautiful photos ~ Bravo!!!

Debbie Demmers-Adkins said...

I like the spider web....in my flower garden in California (where we lived years ago), the kids and I could actually watch the spiders spinning their webs!!!Blessings, debbie

Blessed Serendipity said...

I live on the 45th parallel too in Lincoln City, Oregon!

Privet and Holly said...

Hi A.M.! I live on your same parallel : ) {almost exactly} and found you via the Creative Connection. How wonderful to look back through your archives and peek at what you were thinking about THREE years ago! I'll look forward to visiting, again! xx P&H

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室