Sunday, August 15, 2010

nature play...

We were back at the arboretum today. I've been there several times this summer, but this time we found a truly magical place tucked in back of the learning center. It was a natural play area under a very old, absolutely breathtaking oak tree.The little "toad abode" and shelters and homes made from vines and tree trunks were so creative and wonderful.


Next to this beautiful playground was a children's garden with some of the tallest sunflowers I had ever seen.What an amazing place to nuture little minds, under the canopy of a giant beauty.

10 comments:

m i c h e l l e said...

That place is SOOOOO magical! Miranda would have wanted to go there every day when she was little! Wonderful pictures.

I miss you, Kari!

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow what a sensational experience for the children. Congratulations to whoever designed such an amazing play space for the children.
Alison

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing! My kids would love to visit a place like that! So fun! and creative!

Birds of a Feather said...

Thanks for sharing! My kids & I would have loved a magical spot like this (when they were growing up!) I love it!
xo Heidi

snowbear said...

If ever I get to your neck of the woods... your Arboretum is the first place i want to visit!..next to you of course!!

Dianne said...

What fun! I want to be 5 again.

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Oooh what a delightful and magical place for the children to play. They look so darling and so happy! It's wonderful to see them outdoors enjoying beautiful mother nature and using their imaginations.Reminds me of my childhood days. :) XO,Jenn

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

What a wonderful place !
It is so perfect
for children to explore
and play !

xoxo
Lori

Pretty Things said...

How absolutely adorable is that! I could live there.

Laura said...

That is the coolest fort ever! We had a local lady that did something simular for a garden and she put bird houses through out it. I have pictures I'll post them on my blog.