Friday, October 22, 2010

13 Days of Halloween: 10 {finding inspiration}

Every year at Halloween I like to mix it up, keep things fresh. I used to turn to magazines for inspiration, but with so many ceasing publication in the last few years, I am left to find hidden treasures to tickle my fancy in retail shops and online. There's really only one local place that truly whet's my appetite for decorating. I've featured it many times here on my blog, it's called Nature's Harvest. I'm always intrigued by their blend of spooky, whimsical and downright sinister, all rolled into one. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the store over the last few years.









Another retail space I've always wanted to visit is The Curious Sofa in Kansas City. Debbie's shop has been featured in many publications and she comes up with some incredible displays for Halloween. This year Debbie shared many, many photos of her amazing store on her blog here and here.

Where do you find your Halloween inspiration?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, thanks for sharing those photos. Those are some great displays! I love the mummy looking cocoon! That is awesome! In the past I have always been inspired by Martha Stewart..she really gets into Halloween in her magazine.

snowbear said...

I love them all.... I really love pics 3, 4 and 5... and I LOVE that pumpkin in pic #5... I always look forward to when you share pics from them Kari!!!

Lisa Cash said...

I love all of these pictures - wow! This was really inspiring. Thanks!