Friday, June 03, 2011

How does your garden grow?

I thought I'd share this cute little garden mini book I made to store all the tags that came with the veggies we planted in the garden. I supplmented it with some photos and notes on how our garden came together this year. I hope to keep up with jotting down which plants did well and which didn't and other facts that may come in handy. All that I used was some polka dot tape and a pen. A simple way of documenting the process as we see how our garden grows.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

I've done something similar with our family garden over at our cousin's house. I made the book for her and included the summer vegetable recipes we used, garden related cartoons that I saved from the newspaper, photo's of the garden, along with comments on what we planted and what went well. I kept up with what type of tomatoes ended up with wilt dissease, and what plants we didn't like. It helps us know where to rotate the tomato beds for the next year also. Anyway, I just wanted to say I think this is a terrific idea, and I love the polka dot tape. CUTE

Patricia said...

Oh dear, typo should have said disease. I thought it was funny that my word verification was the word "tramp". Have a great weekend.

Shannon said...

I keep a garden journal, but it's pretty utilitarian, and dirty because I carry it around outside when I'm making notes (what I planted where, to do lists, etc.) Yours is much much prettier :-)

Hope Wallace said...

love this - what a great little journal - I am very impressed you worked so small! Can't wait to see it in person.

Dianne said...

This is a fabulous idea! I remember writing down all the names of the Irises I planted in a book and it disappeared. And I did the same with new plants I tried last year-you definitely need a special book like this. Keep it up too!