Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Self portrait Tuesday


This is my first time participating in Self Portrait Tuesday . I like the concept and figured it's easy enough to take a picture of myself once a week. So I thought! This month's challenge is reflective surfaces. It did make my day quite interesting noticing exactly how many items in our world reflect our image back at us. I chose to take a picture in this mirror, because it is located on the far wall of our main living area. I was intrigued by the thought that so much of my daily life is reflected back in this mirror. I love how this picture reflects one "ordinary" moment during my day.

I've always been inspired by Jim Brandenburg's "Chased by the Light" project. He took only one photo a day in the northwoods for 90 days. The results are stunning. While I'm not a professional photographer, I still think it would be fun to have a photo documentary of my life right now with two young children running circles around me. I've always wanted to give myself a goal to take a picture a day for a year. I think it would be really telling to see what I decide to take that one picture of for the day and how putting them all together would really encapsulate the year. Hmm....I smell a New Year's Resolution brewing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that idea of a photo a day! And then at the end of the year see all the changes!