Thursday, December 28, 2006

{Day 27} Visions...and a birthday!


{Day 27} journal prompt is on sleeping and dreaming. About rest and rejuvenation the week between Christmas and New Year's. Since I have two small children, who have no idea about the concept of "sleeping in" my sleep schedule hasn't changed a whole lot. They still love to get up at 5 am! However, one thing I have noticed is that I have been having very creative, vibrant dreams. This has affected my perspective while awake. I also noticed that as soon as Christmas was over my color palette changed. I have become inspired by candy-coated colors. Maybe my friend Jenny is rubbing off on me:) So immediately I thought about the phrase "visions of sugar plums danced in thier heads..." because that's what I feel like right now. Life is so full of vitality and inspiration:)

I've been having such a great time with my sister over the last week. Yesterday we celebrated her birthday. My mom and I found this fab Dept. 56 Glitterville hat. Couldn't be more perfect!! Happy Birthday, Laura!!! Hope you're enjoying this week, whatever you're up to.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this page! It's wonderful!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Pretty page! Inspiration is such a precious thing for us 'artistes', isn't it?!

I love candy colours too. They're somehow related to my childhood, which makes them so powerful to me. I sometimes also get a flash of colour in my head that came from one of the books I had when I was little. It's amazing how tiny experiences in childhood can stay with you forever :)

Anonymous said...

Love your dreamy page!!

Kel said...

I love the sugarplum fairies image. I can't tell what you used for the red border though, very effective.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page, I love it!!

Laila
http://laila2207.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

love the hat! so fun!!

& love love love the journal entry! it may be my fav, although all of yours have been so wonderful!! :)

Anonymous said...

This page is gorgeous! Love the papers and the spirit of the page.

Anonymous said...

Dude! This page is SO wonderful! Love it love it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I always enjoy your pages, but this one is just perfect! I love that image (is it from Paper Relics?), and those glittery letters, and the ric rac - well, everything! :)

Anonymous said...

your page is gorgeous. I did an advent album this year, i really enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Kari!! My goodness..I have been away for so long!! The holiday, a terrible cold, and tons of work had me in the center of a tornado!!

I am sooo happy to be back!! I have so much catching up to do!!

Everything looks amazing!!!
You are such a doll!! How fun it is to share all of our inspirations, color palettes, and styles!! So happy to have met you this past year!! I look forward to lots of fun and creativity this new year!!

Best Wishes!

xoxo Jenny