Friday, January 12, 2007

In the pink!

No...I'm not having another baby. (hehe! gotcha, didn't I?) My sister-in-law is and she has 3 boys, so this is big news! I'm having a baby shower next weekend for her that's going to be so much fun to plan. I'm going to go over the top girly!!! I have had this vintage baby announcement card for ages from an estate sale and hope to use it on something at the shower. Maybe on some place cards? I found this Pink Princess cookbook at work last night. It has some fun, easy, very pink recipes:) These raspberry tea sandwiches look delicious! I want to have some yummy cupcakes. These gorgeous creations were found here on flickr.For decor, I have some bubblegum pink festooning and large pink tissue paper orbs. I'm sure I'll add a lot of flowers. I was very inspired by these photos from Rachel Ashwells The Gift of Giving book. Love to look here for inspiration. My table probably won't look quite like this, but a girl can dream, right? If you have any ideas or pictures to share, I'd love to hear. The shower isn't until the 21st. Thanks!

This is just too cute to boot. Made by the wonderful fleamarketstudio. Maybe as a little giftie. Ambitious, I know:) Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Congrats to your sister-in-law! I held a baby shower 5 years ago for my niece. She was already born so I made sugar cookies (iced in pink, of course, with pink/red sprinkles!) using alphabet cookie cutters to spell out her full name. I then used various diameters of circle cookies to fill in around the name. I displayed them on a large, pretty platter and it looked great!

Just a fun idea. Even if she doesn't have a name picked out, you could spell "it's a girl" or something. You can borrow my cookie cutters if you want! :-)

Have a fun time!!! -Ginger

Lilli in Vancouver said...

What great news! You're going to have so much fun planning this event!!! My eyes are humming with the sheer happiness of all these candy-coloured pix you're sharing with us :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, congrats to your SIL!! After 3 boys, she is a brave woman!! I love the little piece at the end by fleamarketstudios. Oh, I wish I had thought of the xo when I was making mine. And the vase is absolutely adorable!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! The MiGi girls have a great book called Baby Showers that I have at home. Everything is adorable and super easy.
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Showers-Ideas-Recipes-Perfect/dp/0811826783/sr=8-1/qid=1168629579/ref=sr_1_1/103-3168987-7710241?ie=UTF8&s=books

Anonymous said...

Also, this is pretty darn cute...

http://heidiswapp.typepad.com/my_weblog/2005/10/index.html

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh how fun!!! I know you will make it so incredibly magical and sweet!! Cannot wait for pics! : )

Yes,the Rachel Ashwell photos are sooo drool worthy!! My goodness!! Love that book!!

I cohosted a baby shower this summer for Aaron's brother's wife. It was really fun! I baked 75 cupcakes, and made the favors! It was so much fun! I love seeing lots of the same things lined up...in varied colors.

Fleamarketstudio was my very first favorite on Flickr! She rules!

Great post!! I know you will do an amazing job!!

xoxo Jenny

Kim Bolyard said...

sounds like a ton of fun...great shower ideas...so unique.

peace
Kim

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sister-in-law! The baby shower ideas are so unique and original!