Friday, January 22, 2010

Five Senses Friday: grey January edition

I love participating in abby's five senses friday. It's been so cloudy and grey around here lately. I can't complain too much, all that cloud cover means milder temperatures. touch: To perk things up a bit, the kids have been working on lots of art projects to add some bursts of color to our world, which makes an extraordinary mess and is utterly enjoyable.smell: Also enjoying all the citrus love that I've been seeing around blogland. Found this post and this especially inspiring. After eating these little cuties I saved the rind in little bowls to dry them. I remember having some of these cute little citrus containers that my grandmother had dried and I treasured them, so I thought I'd make some of my own.hear: We're really enjoying our new/old (from an estate sale) dining room table and chairs. I love thinking about all the family gatherings and conversations that have taken place at the table and so many more we will be adding to it's history.see: Hoping to get to work on some fun projects that I've envisioned and just need to get to work on. Definitely want to do something inspired by Leigh-Ann's great project here. taste: Love having a new "breakfast club" with some friends. Enjoyed taking my friend on her first outing since her accident. Check out her funky cast!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

snowbear said...

Kari the splash of color is certainly welcome on days like these! I love the cute orange cups... what/how did your grandmother use them? Your new/old dining table looks to be in great condition! It was a great find for you and your family.

Catherine Anne said...

I love it...

Tam Hess said...

Wow! What an inspiring post. I just found a little article about boxes made with orange peels. I'm trying that! xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful to see that you are encouraging your kids to create art. I do the same with my kids...what a positive influence on such influential little people.

Mel said...

Aww! I wanna do some finger painting now :P It's been too many years...

Here's my Five Senses Friday:
http://blogged-down.com/2010/01/22/five-senses-friday-january-22-2010/

Stacy/Creativemuse said...

Lovely,
Kari show us those containers wont you for the rinds????
love the cast funny,
Love the gratitude journal..awesome
Stacy~Creativemuse