Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend progress..

Lots of crafting was done here this weekend, which always makes me happy! The kids put together and painted several models, Chloe made her own banquet of food with model magic, then Chloe and I stitched up an adorable felt owl mommy and baby. After being inspied by Leigh-Ann's project, I decided to alter my retro photo album into a book of gratitude, just to add little thoughts of thankfulness whenever I feel compelled. I slipped patterened paper into each little pocket, and just need to add a quote or other gracious tid-bit. Seems simple enough, and fun!
I also read the book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller cover to cover. I first read about it on Ali's blog post here, and since we have the same word for this year, story, I thought it would be something worth checking out. I included a bunch of quotes I liked from the book on my page for the day.
Here are a few favorites...

Live a story; a life designed and lived with intention.

We learn our story through each other.

Half the effort is finding out what the story is going to be.

We are all living out the character of the roles we have played in our stories.

We are designed to live through something, rather than attain something and that thing was designed to change us.

The point of life is the same as the point of a story, the point of life is character transformation.

People love to have lived a great story, but few like the work it takes to make it happen.

4 comments:

Vickie Who? said...

Your blog is on my list of favorites and I visit often. Your creativity helps makes my day and that is why I am awarding you with a Sunshine Blog Award.

Check out your award here
http://embellishyourself.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-blog-has-been-awarded-sunshine-award.html

Suz said...

That sounds like a great book, Lari. I got it for my birthday...along with about forty others. When I returned from Silver Bella, Jud surprised me with books from friends and family for my (hmmm...) sixtieth birthday. Hard to believe. Well, that one came from Silver Bella buddy, Donna. I have a hard time picking what to read next. I just finished 'THe Help" which is an excellent book.

I miss a Year of Color. I am mourning :-( . I think i is time for you to have a swap!!! I will volunteer to be an angel, ok?

snowbear said...

Kari that is a great idea to transform your retro book... It would be fairly easy to transform any book by just adding a tag to each page with inspirational thoughts etc..

Leigh-Ann said...

Great idea & I love that yellow cover!! So awesome :)