Tuesday, January 26, 2010

step one...

I'm playing along with Andrea, trying to beat the winter blah's. 1. Head straight for the thrift store and buy the brightest, happiest thing you can find.
This stash of blue delights certainly put a smile on my face.

Does anyone know what this type of bag is called? It can be full size or you can button them in half (like bag on the left) and the one I found today even came with an adorable matching coin purse. I see them fairly often at estate sales. Thinking I may need to start a collection. Are they from the 60's?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what they're called, but I do like them! great find....you should definately start a collection....
I collect those old silver hand clutches...come check out my post about them on my blog.....
collecting is so much fun, isn't it? ciao

feathermar said...

Those are Bermuda Bags! I have a friend who has one of her mom's from the 60's. But my sister-in-law said they were a southern thing for the 80's preppies. I love your blue dishes!

snowbear said...

I vaguely remember those from when i was young. Seemed like they also had wooden hoop handles.

I guess as collections go, they wouldn't take up too much room... I find myself on short supply of storage space...no new collections for me. They have interesting materials.. if you do a collection, please share photos.

paperbird said...

I love coming here- it is always so colorful- just what I need on these grey winter days.

andrea said...

fantastic! oh so bright and cheerful. loooove the bags. I have a few and am happy to now know what they're officially called. bermuda bags! who knew?

p.s. thanks so much for playing along!

Louise von Metternich said...

Love your game!

And Your bermuda-bags, too. Really worth to collect!

Best wishes, Louise

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Oh I love that bird!

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室