Saturday, August 12, 2006

Challenges galore!

I didn't make it to the next round of Last Scrapper Standing. Oh well. Now I just get to cheer from the sidelines:) I have been working on Ann(i)e's fun challenges based on Ali Edwards new book. I'm loving these. They're really getting me motivated to work on my daughters 1st year album. I also am really enjoying the challenge of doing things that I would never think of doing on my layouts. Thanks!
This first one (above) is to go to your scraps, pull out six pieces of patterned paper that are big enough to be square punched. Punch one square from each scrap. Now punch three photos. Place all nine squares together on a 12"X12" piece of cardstock. Journal around the outside of your square. Voila'-a wonderful example of a completely random pattern assortment.* I changed this a bit and did 5 photos and only 3 patterns and one quote.The second challenge is instead of cutting everything into squares and rectangles, take an angular approach! Take a large photograph and cut the bottom at an angle (I did the side). Use ribbons to define the edges of the photograph. Stack layers of triangular paper underneath the photo to create a playful look on your page. *After seeing the challenge on the freestyle blog to crop your picture, I decided to do that with the second picture. I like the look:)

I was playing a little catch-up, so here is the third. Art patterns. I combined Lowell's handprints (which is art in itself!) with pictures of his other artsy love, music!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all SO GORGEOU!!! You have a way of incorpoarating the most original things into your work...it's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

great job on the LO's love how you used the best art ever in the 3rd LO!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Beeautiful! I like the 3rd one best :)

Cath said...

Oh these are gorgous! I love them all!

This is a really enjoyable challenge isn't it.

Christi said...

Kari! These are all awesome! You always do such amazing beautiful work! Sorry about LSS...I loved your layout, and you know I have a soft spot for black kitties! smiles...

Suzanne said...

WOW all your challenges are so good. I love the angled one especially. I ruined so many sheets of paper before giving up on that!

Anonymous said...

Well done for catching up! LOVE the angled page especially :)

Just Say Julie said...

oh these are all wonderful! i absolutely love the patterned paper you created

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天