Monday, September 04, 2006

New blog


I made this layout for the very first Journaler's Junction challenge. This is a fab new blog by a wonderfully creative team, including the amazing Lu. I love her work!!! I'm so excited about this new blog, because it's all about journaling. The 1st challenge is "write it how you say it." So all day I thought about what words I say a lot. I realized that "it's ok" and "everybody is ok" come out of my mouth A LOT. That's my first reaction to try to calm myself and my kids when I feel the tension starting to rise. So I made this page of me soothing Chloe and journaled the following: As a mother, I find that I'm trying to diffuse the situation a lot of the time. Lots of crying and tantrums and one kid getting the other one going. I find myself saying "everyone is going to be ok" a lot for MY sanity and theirs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, I love how the crochet (?) makes it soft/tender/mothery. And thanks for the link, I love all those sites that make you think and create!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Beautiful. It's interesting how revealing this theme is, of telling which phrases usually come out of one's mouth :)

Lu said...

You did such an incredibly wonderful job. I am so glad you participated.

gudrun said...

Love this page of yours.
Yes, doesen't we all say things like "it will be OK" to our kids....all ower the world, each one of us in our own way, but still....trying to calm things down...

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, it's sooo soothing, just like the words. very appropriate!

Emily

winnsangels said...

So nice. I'm very joyous that I found your blog.