Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The ultimate inspiration...

Word seems to be traveling around blogland about tomorrow's Artful Blogger party right here on my blog! It's going to be so much fun:) I will be starting the party late tonight (Central Daylight time) so that those around the world have a chance to join in. We will party all day tomorrow and into the evening. So no matter what time zone you're in, stop by any time. Here are all the details.As we all try to find some inspiration on what to post for the party tomorrow, I am dedicating this entire post to the my swap partner extraordinaire Michelle (Hold Dear). Michelle and I have been blog pals for quite awhile now. I am very excited to finally meet her in person at Silver Bella in November. She is such a dear and knows my tastes, so I was truly spoiled here. We were partners for the Silver Bella inspiration swap. She posted on her blog what I gave her and I'm here to share the enormous amount of treasures I received. We were to send our partner three things that inspire us, three things that we thought would inspire them, three things in our stash that we haven't used in awhile, and then something handmade just for our partner.
Here is just a portion of the treasure trove this swap diva sent to me!
Everything was packaged up gorgeously in vintage pattern tissue, flowers, bows and handwritten tags. So creative!
This cigar box was chock full of inspiring goodies: buttons, tickets, chenille stems, trim, costume jewelry, stickers, ornaments, way to much to mention. Just this would have been plenty, Michelle!
She didn't stop there. Michelle sent rolls of gorgeous gift wrap, a bound book of her favorite vintage wallpaper (what a fabulous idea!), the Marie Antoinette soundtrack. Loved the movie, but never had thought about buying the soundtrack. I love it! Then she made this adorable ArtsyMama stand with scrabble tiles. She sent a bag full of tiles along with it for me to make more little sayings on a whim.
I'm not even close to the bottom of the box yet. THEN Michelle was sweet enough to send me the current issue of Marie Claire idees magazine. I love this magazine and had not seen this issue yet. She also gave me a baggie of the most gorgeous ribbon and millinery flowers. Can't wait to use these!
A "bonus" box had a moleskine journal, pen and a Starbucks gift certificate. I know, I know, she went WAY above and beyond!
At the bottom of the box was Michelle's bag of things from her studio that she hasn't used in awhile, but thought I may find some use for. Here is *part* of it below all laid out. It basically was an entire scrapbook store piled into a grocery bag.
Can you believe all of that!? So many new goodies to create with. That was the ultimate inspiration swap. Wow Michelle, I'm speechless!! Thank you!

Now that we've all had some eye candy, get some rest (you're going to need it). We'll see you in the morning!

13 comments:

Lina said...

Tons and tons of yummy stuff...lucky you!!! Looking forward to the blog party tomorrow...still ahev no idea what to post though...i'm a terrible teacher, lol so a tutorial is kind of out of the question...i actually was up half the night trying to figure out what i could give one on, lol...i might just show off some of my paintings if thats okay?? And a couple fo cute little journals i made...there's an idea.....hope you are having a great day..so glad i found your blog!
Peace.

Ellen said...

Wow Kari I can hardly believe my eyes what a beautiful things you received. Thats really a lot!!
Your a lucky girl.
See you tomorrow.

Maria said...

I love the Scrabble stand with your name, so cute. Im gonna have to make one of those. What a lucky girl you sure did get spoiled.

Fiona said...

I've put up a tea party post already. We're starting some major decorating tomorrow and I may not have much time to sit and post. But I can read posts at lunchtime at work! If I have time, I'll add more. And I've shared some music too. What do you all like to listen to? REally looking forward to visiting loads of fabby!

carolyn said...

My "party" post is scheduled for 1245am PST

Anonymous said...

she is one great swap partner Queen that girl. beautiful stuff, thanks for sharing so many photos of your new divine treasures!

Dawn said...

Girl....you are set! ....for a little while, at least.
:o)

Jeanne said...

Holy-moly! That is some gigantic haul of goodies!!! I've GOT to get myself over to Silver Bella one of these years.

McMaster & Storm said...

i love to see people in love with little bits of this & that. being creative lasts a lifetime. thanks for sharing.
best,
k

Anonymous said...

If I overwhelmed you, my dear, then this pack was a success! :-) You deserve to be spoiled and showered with gifties and goodness! Just so so happy you enjoyed it and brought you lots of fun! Enjoy!

See you tomorrow!
Michelle

Tanya Nichols said...

blink blink, i missed it but love the recap!!
beautiful tasty bits and baubles and SO INSPIRING...

Anonymous said...

you lucky girl, you! michelle is the best!

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天