Thursday, February 28, 2008

Looking for spring...


Finally my family and I are coming back to the world of the living from the haze of two weeks of cold and fevers. Ready for spring to make it's grand arrival, the sun to shine and the grass to grow green. Then I look outside and see this....snow...grey...cold.
Luckily, I came across Vintage Indie's Dream of Spring swap and it seemed like just the ticket out of my winter state of mind. I coupled my answers with bits of spring I was able to find around my home and my favorite local store. Here are my answers to the swap questions...

What types of vintage do you collect or look for? Millinery flowers, trim, fabric, party accessories, anything I can use in my crafts. Vintage children's books, toys, holiday items, kitchen linens. Retro embroidery, paint-by-numbers.
What types of hobbies/crafts do you enjoy? Mixed media collage and assemblage mostly.
What's your favorite part of spring? In early spring venturing into the woods and finding the tiny spring wildflowers shooting out of the moist earth. What are your favorite flowers? Poenies, any spring flowers such as crocus, forsythia, runicula.
Any allergies or things that you absolutely can't stand? Anything with an overpowering floral scent. Dare I say this, I'm not into lace...of any kind.
Gabreial will take my answers and pair me up with someone fabulous, I'm sure!
Tomorrow is leap day...come back for some fun on this extra special day of the year.

3 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

You always bring sunshine and Spring to our hearts, Kari :)

Thanks for sharing the sweet pix. Love that adorable bunny!

Anonymous said...

ugh..i love those banners, I wish we had someone cool like you in SC..maybe you should teach an online class, like a that MCC place? and we could pay you for your secrets. http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/
I so want to make one of those!!

forcryeye said...

If you are stuck with me, I will make sure not to include any lace. I used to be a Minnesota Mama...born in MPLS, moved to Apple Valley, then to boring old IL.