Thursday, September 23, 2010

hello autumn....

It was especially hard to say good-bye to summer this year. There have been so many fun memories that it seems summer lasted a very long time. But indeed we are now officially in autumn, my favorite season of all!
What better way to kick off the new season than a trip to a fabulous underground restaurant downtown Minneapolis called Hell's Kitchen. My sister was here for one more night and we met up with my cousins that live in town. It was a rain soaked night outside and the atmosphere inside was definitely right up my alley!


Check out the chandelier of cleavers. Yikes!!
Our company has made it home safe and sound and I have a pot roast in the oven, I think we're off to a good start. Looking forward to a wonderful fall season!

7 comments:

Pretty Things said...

That looks like an awesome place! The outside wall reminds me a bit of visiting Billy Goat's Tavern in Chicago -- it was a featured skit with John Belushi on Saturday Night Live way long ago! "Cheeburger cheeburger no chips!"

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I too love Fall, but was sad to see summer come to an end -- it was a great one!

The light fixtures at that restaurant are amazing -- very cool!

snowbear said...

I noticed one tree today that has the entire side facing the road turned a brilliant red. all the rest are still green. It won't be long now....

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love all your orangey-red photos! And that cleaver chandelier is really amazing!

Kateyed said...

Kari,
Haven't been there yet. I gave my friend, Bob, their cook book, which was very creatively done.

The pictures are beautiful. Almost makes me want to come home but not quite! Autumn is a pensive season for me and I always hated Halloween until Sweet and Sinister. I literally had no autumn/halloween craft supplies. That has changed a lot!

Hugs,
Suz

pinkglitterfae said...

Isn't fall just magical! glad you could enjoy a wonderful time with your family, looks very nice inside that restaurant.

Bonnie said...

Wow, what an interesting restaurant. Looks like the owner is very creative!