Thursday, March 31, 2011

feeling springy...

Today is the first day of spring break for my kids. Luckily it was the first day that kinda sorta felt like spring around here. It hit the mid-40's. A big deal here in Minnesota! We first brightened up the house a little bit with some spring color. Then the kids opened a play doh bake shop. By afternoon it was finally warm enough to bring out the sidewalk chalk. They have literally been looking forward to this for months! A hop scoth board was immediately drawn and put to good use.
Happy campers they were!


We then took a little trek to the lake stomping through mud puddles.
The ice is melting!When we arrived home, we realized the crocus were blooming in our yard. Definitely the first sign of spring. Can't wait for more!

Good-bye March!

5 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Looks like a perfect day for sidewalk chalk!!! My kids used to do that! loncob

Samantha said...

What a fun day! Makes me want to buy some sidewalk chalk and make a hopscotch to play on!

Sara said...

Thanks for the Springy pictures. We're not quite there yet here in Indiana. Oh how I remember the sidwalk chalk, or should I say driveway chalk, with my girls. They would play for hours drawing and hopping. Thanks for bringing back some happy memories.

snowbear said...

I loved their playdough creation!!!!!

We still have sidewalk chalk and dd is turning 18!!

Morgen said...

How exciting! Signs of spring are the best! I love the picture of the rain boots in the puddle :) Happy spring days to you!